Companies of the HEP Group are members of business associations which promote the principles of good practice of socially responsible business and sustainable development in Croatia.
Croatian Business Council for Sustainable Development (HR PSOR)
Since July, 2015 HEP Group has been a member of the Croatian Business Council for Sustainable Development
HR PSOR is a non-profit institution of private sector, the association of representatives of the Croatian economy.
The mission and aims of HR PSOR are the following:
- Strengthening the awareness of the importance of a new attitude to the usual expression of business results, which in context of achieving sustainable development include the success of both the social community and all interested participants.
- Exchanging good experience and highlighting positive examples within the whole business sector.
- Advocating dialogue/discussion between all interested participants and encouraging new partnerships for the purpose of achieving better competitiveness and making innovations.
- Supporting policies and orientations which contribute to new sustainable ways of behavior and action in all segments of the society.
Contributing to establishing honest and free market competition as well as transparent and responsible action of all its participants.
As a new member of HR PSOR, HEP hosted the 19th Assembly of the Croatian Business Council for Sustainable Development
in March 2016. Its representatives presented the policy and achievements in the area of sustainability and socially responsible business, first the sustainability report, ZelEn
product and the e-mobility
In the same month, HEP participated in the preparation of HR PSOR’s round table “Trading green energy as a mechanism of supporting the construction of renewable energy sources”.
HEP’s experts regularly participate at annual conferences about socially responsible business, organized by HR PSOR.
Community for socially responsible business at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce
HEP Group’s companies – HEP-Toplinarstvo
d.o.o. and HEP ESCO
d.o.o. are members of the Community for socially responsible business. The Community for socially responsible business gathers companies which have signed a statement on accepting the Code of ethics in business, i.e. members of the Chamber which carry out socially responsible business in their own region.
Aims of the Community for socially responsible business are the following:
- Improving knowledge and awareness about socially responsible business in all levels of the society, advocating the Code of business ethics within business subjects
- Organizing courses and consulting in the area of SRB, as suggested by economy, with the purpose of improving and exchanging good practice from Croatia, the EU and the world
- Participating in the work of national committees dealing with socially responsible business
- Raising the level of knowledge among the small and medium entrepreneurship about socially responsible business, and supporting reports regarding financial, environmental and social effects for the purpose of increasing their competitiveness
- Showing the importance of socially responsible business in Croatia, with reference to joining the European Union and improving the competitiveness of economy
- Developing the benchmarking methodology of the members of the Croatian Chamber of Economics regarding socially responsible business
- Following and initiating legislative initiatives and reforms to create supportive surroundings for competitive and socially responsible business of Croatian companies